Home gym exercise is easier than you think. What you need to do is include in your home fitness is some basic gym equipment like machines and exercise bikes. Set time aside to start your fitness workout and stick to it. Exercise is a great habit to get into and the sooner in the day you do it the more beneficial. Try your home gym exercise every day at a set time which will enable your body to get into the habit. For the best home gym exercise ritual perform 3 to 4 sets per session whilst doing 7 to 10 reps. It is also important to incorporate a rest period into your workout. Taking out just two minutes allows one’s body enough time to flush out the toxins and allow fresh blood to flow in.
You can check the internet for a more thorough and total body home gym exercise or alternatively follow this easy home workout session offering a complete body workout in a short space of time.
- Bench Press (Working out your Chest) – Whilst lying on a bench, floor, or step grab a medium to heavy barbell above your chest whilst holding it straight. Then proceed to bend one’s elbows whilst lowering the weight until your elbows are at 90-degree angles. Then hold the barbell back up, repeating the action.
- Lateral Raise (Working out your Shoulders) – With this one grab a set of light to medium dumbbells. Whilst retaining elbows slightly bent, outstretch one’s arms sideways to shoulder level. Then lower the weights, repeating the action.
- Back Extension (Working out your Lower Back) – Whilst lying face down, squeeze one’s lower back to enable you to lift one’s chest a few inches off the floor. Again, repeat the action.
- Kickbacks (Working out your Triceps) – Start by bending forward, keeping one’s back flat and your abs in. Make sure you are using light to medium weights with your elbows bent. Then straighten up your elbows to work your triceps. Keep repeating.
- Static Lunges (Working out your quads, hamstrings, and glutes) – Proceed by standing with your legs wide apart and then bending both knees. Lower into a lunge whilst keeping one’s front knee behind your toe. Then make sure you lift back up, repeating the action, and then proceed to switch sides.
- Squats (Again, working out one’s quads, hamstrings and glutes) – Start by placing a medium to heavy barbell on one’s upper back/shoulders or alternatively place dumbbells in both your hands. Proceed to bend one’s knees and then lowering into a squat. Repeat your actions for a thorough workout.
- Bicycle (Working on your Abs) – For this exercise, you need to lie down on the floor bringing your knees towards your chest. Straighten up your right leg whilst twisting the body. Then bring your right elbow in the direction of your left knee. Then repeat this on the other side all the while maintaining a cycling motion.
- Ball Crunch (Another workout for your Abs) – Whilst lying down with the exercise ball squeeze your abs lifting one’s shoulders off the ball in a crunch. As with all the other exercises as long as you’re comfortable, repeat the motions.
- Make sure you end your home gym exercise with some warming down stretches.
Further Reading : 33 of the Best Beginner Exercises to Sweat Through During Home Workouts